Since 2004, I’ve been spending my Decembers mapping out what I want to accomplish for the year, and it has done wonders for my business. However, I’ve never publicly displayed what my goals were and set up an accountability system to support it so this will be my first year documenting them publicly so that I can have a source of accountability to support seeing them through to fruition.
I was inspired by Stefan Pylarinos to map this out and track them monthly to help others see “how” I map out my goals, and to also be publicly held accountable to see them through. On his blog Project Life Mastery, he has faithfully done this since 2012, and watching him manifest his goals inspired me to say yes to doing the same.
When establishing my goals, there are a few key things that I like to do to keep me on target:
- Create a Theme for the Year
- Categorize my Goals
- Map my goals out based on what I want to accomplish per Quarter
Based on what I’ve encountered in the past few years, I feel like I’ve constantly allowed myself to get distracted from the Big Picture… so with that said, I’ve decided to create a theme that will keep me focused and reminded of what I need to focus on…
My Theme for 2016 Is: “Slow Down To Speed Up!”
Why? you ask…
Well here’s what this means for me…
Ideas aren’t a shortage in my life and they pop up all around me daily. However, what I’ve noticed about myself is that when something takes too long to manifest, I get frustrated and find myself bouncing to the things that give me INSTANT GRATIFICATION…
This is good for the moment, but tends to die fast, so I’ve been on this hedonistic treadmill for the past 5 years, bouncing from one venture to the next without any solid infrastructure that will support Passive Income Streams for me.
So in order to get my business to a place of financial success and develop the passive income streams that I know I’m worthy of having, I decided to “Slow Down” this year, and do things RIGHT so I can build a solid infrastructure.
This in turn, when done right, will allow me “To Speed Up”, where I now have multiple Income Streams working in my favor, and my passive income goals can be realized. Doing so will allow me to create a REAL BUSINESS that I own versus always relying on income from 3rd Party sources that are unpredictable.
Goals for 2016
I’ve broken my goals down into the following areas:
- Health & Fitness Goals
- Financial Goals
- Business Goals
- Lifestyle, Relationship & Personal Development
- Social Goals
- Giving Back
- Spiritual Goals
- Marriage & Family Goals
- Parenting Goals
What I’ve done is created an ultimate theme for the year, along with a Mission for each area to ensure that I’m clear on “The One Thing” I want to accomplish for each area.
Health & Fitness Goals
Mission: To be more consistent with taking care of my body and being more mindful of what I eat and how much I eat.
- I will easily invest in a personal trainer by January 31st, 2016
- I will easily begin Eating Clean by January 7th, 2016 and will meal prep with more life giving food for 6 days out of the week by January 7th, 2016
- I will easily begin Lifting weights 4x’s per week and I will reduce my body fat by 5% by March 31, 2016
- I will easily do yoga 4 x’s per month by March 31, 2016
- I will easily do cardio 3x’s per week by March 31, 2016
- I will easily go to bed by 11pm every night and wake up at 4:30am every morning to start my Miracle Morning by December 31, 2016
- I will easily begin treatments with my thyroid, and will overcome hyperthyroidism by December 31, 2016
Mission: To Reduce Debt so that I can Increase My Net Worth
- I will easily earn a minimum of $500,000 this year by December 31, 2016 with a goal of $1.2Mil
- I will easily generate $40,000 Per Month of Passive Income by December 31, 2016
- I will easily pay off 4 Major Debts this year by December 31, 2016
- I will easily invest $20,000 in our Retirement Savings by December 31, 2016
- I will easily increase our Emergency/Savings Fund By $20,000 by December 31, 2016
- I will easily open up investment plans for both Chloe and Carson this year and invest at least $4,800 combined by December 31, 2016
- I will easily recover any funds that are in the “lost assets” files by March 31, 2016
Mission: Align more of my Business Activities with my Ultimate Life Goals:
- I will easily Launch my online academy by April 30th, 2016
- I will easily Write & Publish my first book by February 28th, 2016 and it will reach the Amazon Best Sellers List
- I will easily Write & Publish my 2nd book by June 30th, 2016 and it will reach the Amazon Best Sellers List
- I will easily Write & Publish my 3rd book by December 31st, 2016 and it will reach the Amazon Best Sellers List
- I will easily Launch my first Live Event by May 31st, 2016
- I will easily Launch my First Destination Intensive by December 31st, 2016
- I will easily speak at 4 Major events and attract my ideal clients who add $250K+ to my business in revenue by December 31, 2016
- I will easily package my signature talk and my signature program and build my top tier programs around them by April 30th, 2016
- I will easily put systems in place for my team and have a full S.O.P. process that is packaged and easily accessible for all my team to follow by May 31st, 2016
- I will easily get my blog redesigned by June 30th, 2016
- I will easily increase my staff by 3 new team members that handle my graphics, web development, social media and paid marketing as well as a tech va, by December 31st, 2016
- I will easily launch my e-commerce store by August 31st, 2016
- I will easily hire a credible, knowledgable “Profit First” CPA by March 31st, 2016
- I will easily have all my accounting, taxes and bookkeeping done on time to file before the deadline by March 31st, 2016
- I will easily package 4 of my products into a physical format and have them ready for sale by March 31st, 2016
- I will easily launch Season 2 of the Bold Unapologetic Podcast by January 12th, 2016
- I will easily launch my Youtube Show by February 1st, 2016
- I will easily post 2 blog posts per week and 1 Podcast per week by December 31st, 2016
Lifestyle, Relationship & Personal Development
Mission: To build high quality relationships and make more “me time + we time” a priority.
- I will easily attend 4-7 Major Conferences this year
- Traffic & Conversions Summit (San Diego, Feb 2016)
- Podcast Movement (Chicago, July 2016)
- National Speakers Association (Arizona, June 2016)
- Power Networking Conference (Maryland, May 2016)
- South By Southwest (Austin, February 2016)
- I will easily hire a business coach who will assist me in Tripling my Income by January 31st, 2016
- I will easily take 4 Full Weeks Vacation with NO WORKING and completely UNPLUGGING by December 31st, 2016
- I will easily take my family on a Disney Vacation for Christmas by December 31st, 2016
- I will easily join a Mastermind Group or Start One by March 31st, 2016
- I will easily automate my business more so I can have a routine schedule that I work from and will have automated systems and more team support to handle 80% of the tasks in my business, so I can have business hours and work 4-6 hours per day by June 30th, 2016
- I will easily retire my mom and relocate her with me so that she no longer has to worry about working in her retirement years.
- I will read 12 books this year, one per month and implement at least one thing from the book by December 31st, 2016
- I will easily go out and have fun with friends at least 2 times per month by December 31st, 2016
- I will easily host a get together with close friends hosting a brunch, book club or happy hour at least once per month by December 31st, 2016
- I will easily build high quality relationships with at least 5 new people of like minds and I will be intentional about building a relationship with them by December 31, 2016
- I will pick up the phone and check in on a friend for 30 days, at least once per day without texting by January 31st 2016
- I will return all phone calls within 24 hours for at least 30 days straight by December 31st, 2016
Contribution & Philanthropy
Mission: To give back and invest in the lives of others
- I will easily sponsor 2 children in Africa and build relationships with them along with the family
- I will easily become a mentor to teenage girls
Mission: To build on my spiritual life that I keep God first and I give myself an opportunity daily to be spiritually renewed
- I will easily Create my War Room and Pray in there daily by January 31st, 2016
- I will easily Take all things to God in prayer Daily!
- I will easily Host an event with other entrepreneurs for “Business Is My Ministry” Brand, as a means of connecting leaders in the marketplace and discussing what it means to be a Christian Entrepreneur and how to lead and impact in the marketplace by December 31st, 2016
Mission: To continue to build on a high quality relationship with my husband.
- We will easily have a Date night at least once per month by December 31st, 2016
- We will easily take A kid free vacation for the two of us by December 31st, 2016
- We will easily celebrate our 13th Anniversary for February 3rd, 2016
Mission: To make spending time with my kids a priority DAILY and not allowing business to totally consume my life to the point where it takes away time from my children and my family…
- I will easily establish a NO PHONE ZONE where we will turn off all electronics and spend time with the kids daily by February 28th, 2016
- I will easily take Mini Vacations with my children once per quarter where we go somewhere and have family time while creating amazing memories by December 31st, 2016
- I will easily spend more time with the kids teaching them things like money management, entrepreneurship along with life values weekly so that they can become connected children to our family’s vision and legacy by March 31st, 2016
As you can see, I have a series of ambitious goals. And within each of these categories are even greater levels of goals and areas that I want to improve on, that I will spend more time sharing over the next few weeks.
I’ve mapped out these goals in my calendar with an intent to focus on specific goals monthly that will allow me to fully execute on these things so that they can be manifested.
I’m super psyched about this process and I look forward to sharing with you the results as I do my monthly reports which will give you insight into the progress on making on each of these areas!
What Are Your Goals?
Now that you’ve seen me map out my goals, I want to ask you, what are yours?
Have you mapped them out and written them down?
Are you clear about what you want to accomplish and when you want to accomplish it by?
I put together a guide that will help support you in your goals for the upcoming year. To get your hands on this guide, you can check it out here, and see how I show you how to Triple Your Profits for this year!
I’d love to hear your feedback and hear how you’re setting goals for 2016. I highly recommend you write them out so you can be accountable, and that way you will be able to share with us what you’ve done along the way which will help you get more done!
Comment below and share, I’d love to hear from you!
Let’s Stay Connected. You can subscribe by clicking the links below so you can stay plugged in.
- Subscribe to My Podcast by clicking here
- Follow me on Facebook by clicking here
- Follow me on Instagram by clicking here
- Follow me on Periscope by Clicking here